Sunday, July 19, 2009

My WeeK in Review

The past week has been very good to me. While I am not where I want to be, I have made strides in the right direction. Here are a few highlights from my week:

  • I watched everything I ate. We dined out a couple of times this week, but I made very good healthy choses. Instead of having a burger with fries, I had a grilled chicken sandwich (open faced) with a side of fruit.
  • I have worked out more this week than I have worked out in the past 3 months. I have a total of over 10 hours of exercise recorded. On days I did not make it to the gym, I was able to walk 2-3 miles in my neighborhood. This is a major win for me :)
  • I have met awesome people on Twitter and on blogs regarding weight loss/eating healthy. This is awesome because I now feel like I am not in this alone. Thank you all for your kind words. I am looking forward to communicating with you all while we face our weight loss journeys together.
  • Can you say water? I have had so much water this week (and stayed in the restroom because of it). I am so proud of this accomplishment.
  • I know I mentioned my exercise has increased tremendously, but the ULTIMATE highlight of my week has been I was on the treadmill for 65 minutes at one time. I am so proud of myself. This is huge and allowed me to know that I can push myself more.
I am eagerly awaiting my weigh in on Tuesday. While I am not a member of Weight Watchers right now, I am following the plan. I will weigh in on Tuesday to capture my weight gain/loss for this week and then I am thinking of joining Weight Watchers with a weigh in day of Friday's.



I hope you all had a wonderful week just as I did. Here's to this upcoming week, it will be even better - be a winner!!!!

**Update: My weigh in day will be on Monday's at 5:30p.m. First official weigh in will be tomorrow - woot woot!

4 comments:

purple_moonflower said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog and thought I would come over and see how things were going. It sounds like you had a great week. Just remember, you aren't alone in your journey.

Yum Yucky said...

I'm terrible at water intake. Such an easy thing, but I screw it up 90% of the time. Today will be better! And I'm glad you're getting it right!

ShellyD said...

Congrats on the fabulous week. Good luck with the weigh-in.

Michelle

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

Good luck with your weigh-in!