Sunday, July 12, 2009

I Can't Stay Focused

Today I have been thinking about tons of things in my life. One of the things that kept coming to mind is that I can't stay focus on one thing. I started to wonder if I suffer from ADD and not know it. Over the last three to four years, I have started many many many projects and honestly I can't say that I have finished any of them. I open myself up to do things, but never truly get them done. This is true also about weight lost. I have lost 40 pounds, only to gain all of them back, plus more. I am well overweight, needing to lose 140 pounds. I always start off well, but after losing some of the weight, I revert back to the old ways. I attend the gym three weeks straight only not to ever go again. I am so tired of this lifestyle, I mean really I am a liar. I lie to myself.

This must stop today. I got off on a great foot today, but tomorrow will be better. I will not engage in any other activities until I am done with my time at the gym. That is my goal this week, that and eating right. I will make myself a priority...today.

-Embarrassed Fatty-

6 comments:

Mary - A Merry Life said...

A lot of us do this. But if you want the change bad enough you can do it. Thanks for the follow on twitter. If you need anything let me know!

Yum Yucky said...

I went through the back and forths many many times until I was just sick and tired of it all. That's when committment to change took place for real. You can do it!

Chubby Stubby Kay said...

"I will make myself a priority...today!"

Good for you! It sounds like you are ready! Starting a weight loss journey isn't easy. I started and failed so many time before. But not this time!

Best of luck to you! You WILL do this! :D

Looking forward to reading your blog and seeing your progress.

The Crazy Woman Inside Me said...

It’s not easy. I know. But no matter how tough, or how long you’ve struggled with this, or how difficult it is for you to focus on one thing, know this: You CAN do this--if you want it enough! And the happy news is that you don’t need to wait until all the weight is gone to feel great. You’ll feel super just knowing that you’re on the journey that will deliver you to better health and a lean, fit body.

By blogging and doing Twitter you’re connected with a fabulous, caring weight-loss community where you can always find support and people who understand because they’ve been there too.

I wish you great success and focus!

--Susan

The Fat Girl said...

I opened a fortune cookie today and it said, "There is no shame in failure, only in quitting." And that's so true. Even when you have a rough day, let it be just that. A rough day. Tell yourself you're worth it and keep moving! :)

ernise said...

It sounds like you are determined to stay focused this time. Here's to hoping the blogger/twitter community helps you out.